Raging Planet: Quakes, Volcanoes and the Tectonic Threat to Life on Earth
A gripping analysis of the global tectonic instability that puts living things at risk from some of nature's most powerful forces.
Stunning on-the-spot photographs of volcanoes and earthquakes — together with graphics and chats — highlight the facts, figures and disaster zones.
Answer the questions you need to know:
- Where are the danger zones?
- How likely are we to experience a catastrophic event in our lifetimes?
- How much warning will we have?
These and other urgent questions are addressed in this fascinating journey to the centre of the Earth by leading volcanologist Bill McGuire, director of London's Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre and one of the world's foremost authorities on global tectonic hazards.
Year published: 2005
Sub-genre: Non-fiction, science.
Imprint: Eagle Editions
- Free shipping within Peninsula Malaysia. For Sabah, Sarawak and rest-of-world, zone rates will apply. See link to Shipping policy in footer.
- Packaging: recyclable materials will be used whenever possible.
INCLUDE A MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR SHIPPING POLICY